Sunday, July 20, 2008

Begin at the Beginning

The words escape me ... as I sit here, next to my wife and son, on a relaxing Sunday evening ... and I enter ... the blogosphere. These words will be the first of many, words that will express what's in my heart and head, my fears and failures, memorable moments and serious sentiments. So, where does one even begin such a journey ... only one logical place, the beginning. I'm not talking about my beginning. The beginning of my story is only a small blip on the pages of an epic that's been in motion for millenia ... I'm talking about the beginning of THE story. For only in His story do I find purpose in my story.

The Bible begins at the beginning ... "In the beginning God ..." (Genesis 1:1). He is the beginning ... and the end. Also the middle, He's the author ... and the main character. In Him I find purpose; from Him flow my passions. So, will this be one of those uber-religious, psycho-serious boring blogs? No. I look forward to blogging about my family (Joanna and Trey ... whom I am nuts about), adventures (from racing to sharing my faith), insights learned (from biblical to parenting), love experienced (from my wife to my Creator) ... a holistic approach to blogging. But it must begin at the beginning. And must flow from my connection with my Creator ... that's what I was designed for ... and that's what I'm about.


I intend to do much thinking and expressing but not much editing and smoothing out. I want to paint pictures of beauty, not pictures of perfection. I am setting out to sift through human experience, not human euphoria. I desire to promote restoration and redemption, not comfort and convenience.

Also it's my desire to use as many trendy Christian buzz words as possible. Just kidding ... but seriously. Here's a shot at it: I want to be a catalyst to open dialog for fleshing out concepts about authentic community and genuine worship while facilitating a movement toward a relevant revolution. It'll take every post for the rest of my bloglife to unpack that. Join me.

6 comments:

Joanna Christmas said...

You made a great entry into the blogging world. Welcome, finally.

Robby Christmas said...

I can only hope to follow your lead my blogging beauty. Your the wind beneath my worldwideweb wings.

Anonymous said...

this made me smile.
and then, then i see the comments.
and i laughed.

i lovemiss you.

Joanna Christmas said...

dont set yourself up with cute comments, because i will begin to expect them and i dont want your creativity to run out. ok, how funny that i'm leaving you comments when i could just tell you to your face.

Teecy said...

could you unpack that statement for me? and by "statement" i mean that whole post. i didn't understand a word of it. kidding, but seriously...what?

kirbylee said...

You are the only person I have ever known to use the phrase "fleshing out," but keep it up, I'm sure it will catch on. In fact, I plan on using it at least three times today.

I also appreciate your use of aliteration.

Welcome to the blogosphere, my friend.