Friday, October 9, 2009

Mighty Mouse, Part II

Ok, so last night at about 3:45 a.m. Joanna wakes me up, tells me the mouse has been struggling in the sticky trap for about 45 minutes, and says I have to do something because she has to pee extremely bad and she's not going out there by herself. Amazingly, I was coherent enough to understand what she said ... so I got up, trudged in there, and tried to figure out which of the twelve traps it was stuck in (ok, not really twelve) ... of course, under the stove, so I try to move the stove and I'll make a dramatic story shorter ... I saw a tale, I heard a struggle, I reached for the trap and ... silence. Houdini got away again (third escape for this guy) ... but the trap was thoroughly chewed and our friend had left another gift of droppings ... the whole thing must have scared the crap out of him. Anyway, stake out tonight ... coffee, headlamp, sling shot ... and victory cigar. I'll let you know what happens.

2 comments:

Joanna Christmas said...

if you stake out that mouse tonight you will be my hero. for some reason though, knowing you like i do, i'm doubting that will really happen. just so you know though, you're still my hero. xoxo

~ Dawn ~ said...

Oh mercy people... really... can't you just get a REAL trap that snaps and turns the lights out for them instead of one that makes them panic, hearts race like crazy, feel fear for long periods of time and exhaust their sweet little selves in trying to escape... I am serious. I am so sad and disturbed... I love you both madly but PLEASE rethink youe method of murder! :0) HA I'll mail you some real ones if you want!