Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September 3, 2005 ... The Day My Life Changed Forever

I started to write a poem, but when two of the lines went like this:

Two people, two lives, two stories being written
Merge into one, like fingers in a mitten.

... I decided I should scrap it and just speak from the heart. But I'm having some trouble ... I don't have the proper tools. You see all I have to communicate what's in my heart concerning that special day is ... the English language, which seems to come up so short right now. No offense to all my anglo-saxon ancestors, I mean, nice work fellas ... we've come a long way in the past several centuries. And usually it's sufficient to communicate ... but not this time, not in an attempt to express the steady-rising, slow-burning, heart-consuming love that I cultivate for my wife.

That's my wedding day by the way, September 3, 2005. And tomorrow is Septemeber 3, 2008 ... three years of marriage ... to Joanna ... Joanna Marie Christmas ... the mother of my child, the thief of my heart. Now, I know stealing is typically frowned upon, but in her defense, I don't think she did it on purpose. Something about her was captivating and there came a point where I had to admit my captivation ... also it would've been hard to keep living without my heart ... and she had it. Besides ... let's be honest people ... who could resist this ...


But maybe a better question is ... how did this guy get that girl?!

(that's me in the middle, with brothers and sister in the background on go-cart ... but that's another blog for another day)

Well, by God's grace two became one and I got the better end of the deal. And by His grace we are living and loving and learning ... together ... as one ... reflecting the oneness of our God. It's a tall order to paint a picture for the world to get a glimpse of the kind of relationship Christ desires to have with the church ... but it is our desire to be accurate artists ... for His glory.

So, happy anniversary sugar-love-pumpkin-drops ... the best is yet to come. I love you.




3 comments:

Joanna Christmas said...

you are too precious. i am so blessed to have you. way to pump me up there! by the way, whats up with my pose in that last picture? i think by that time the smiles for all the pictures started becoming plastered on. happy anniversary. i love you.

Anonymous said...

you guys are PRECIOUS and really are an inspiration too what I want, thank-you for allowing those of us to be a part of your very special day, may god continue to bless and keep you all, all my love, Jessyca

Teecy said...

this is such a sweet post, but i'm lol so hard right now at that picture of the xmas kids sans me. my fav part is christy in the background. i can't wait for that post. i can just picture her saying, "gimme your sandwich!"