Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Well Mom, I guess we're the champions ...

Said Kevin leaving as he walked out of the gym with his sweet mother. Now, you might be thinking, wow they must have had a great season. No, not even a great game. In fact this comment came on the heels of yet another defeat for Kevin's first basketball team ... hardly a championship season. But you couldn't tell Kevin that. They were champions, and most importantly, he was a champion. And today, years later ... he still is.

Kevin was young, but he understood a very important life principle - attitude is more important than circumstances. And this is a principle that I believe he will continue to follow in all areas of life. Whether on the game field, the practice field, or possibly one day ... the mission field. Because as much as Kevin loves football, I believe he understands that football is temporary, but God's love is eternal.

So Kevin will continue to be optimistic ... about football, about friends, about life. And Kevin will continue to be a champion ... as he loves God, loves people, and loves life.

I'm proud of you little brother.

Me holding my youngest brother ...

My youngest brother holding my son


The brothers Christmas

2 comments:

Teecy said...

okay, now i'm crying again...you've got to stop!! (but keep it up)

kirbylee said...

I second your big sister, Robby. Seriously. That picture of you holding Kevin makes me smile because I also have a tiny brother.