Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Christmas Bug

I got it early this year. So did Joanna. In fact, we bucked tradition and put our tree up today (instead of the day after Thanksgiving, which would be tomorrow). I know it's only one day, but we feel like we got in a whole extra week of Christmas celebration by our early start. This early Christmas excitement also comes with a fresh hunger for deeper insight into the all too familiar Christmas story, which coincides nicely with my desire to post more regularly. So, here we go ... it's November 25, a month til Christmas ... and this is the first of a month's worth of posts that will ultimately center around the miracle that sets the scene for my salvation ... the incarnation. God ... in the flesh. Here. On this earth ... from Heaven. I think my complacency with the story stems from a lack understanding about just how far it is, the trip from Heaven ... to earth. More tomorrow.

No comments: